Let’s improve your core to help you support a golf swing—back and through!
More Pars Fitness Coach Karen Palacios-Jansen shows you the staple push-up exercise that strengthens your entire body with a focus on your chest, back, and shoulders.
Key benefits of this move:Strengthens core, hips, and upper body
Improves your balance and coordination
Develops toned arms and shoulders
Perform 8-10 repetitions on each arm.
The Set Up & Execution
• Start in the basic plank position and then twist your body; and raise one arm up into the side plank position as shown.
• Extend your top arm up to the sky.
• Keep your hips lifted so that your head, spine, and legs form a straight line.
• Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds.
• Repeat on the opposite side.
• Repeat motion 8 to 10 times.
• To make it more challenging, stack your feet.
Be sure to watch the Plank key fundamentals with More Pars Coaches Christina and Gregg. Watch Now »
Do not allow the mid-section to dip down at any point. Perform slowly to perfect balance throughout.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Have your arms sit directly under your shoulders.
• Engage (squeeze) your shoulder blades back and down.
• Engage your core as you send one arm to the sky.
• Send elbows back, keeping them close to your side as you slightly rotate.