In this segment, you’ll learn how to build a human bridge.
More Pars Fitness Coaches Gregg D’Andrea and Christina Ricci show you the essential principles of set up and execution with this Staple Fitness move. The bridge is a total core exercise that fires up the entire body.
Key benefits of this move:Strengthens your lower back
Improves your waistline
Strengthens your glutes and hamstrings
The bridge is a power move that will strengthen your core, glutes, and hamstring.
Between reps, re-engage your core and bring awareness to your feet. I like my pressure points favoring my heels. Grab a pal to help you reach a full range of motion using a towel.
The Set Up & Execution
• Lie on your back and position your feet hip-width apart.
• Shoulders stay connected to a mat at all times.
• Extend your hands out to the side with palms down.
• Visualizing a bridge, lift up as you squeeze your glutes.
• Hold for a beat and release down.
• Maintain a straight line from your pubic bone to chest.
In your mind’s eye, visualize a bridge with your bridge-rise, creating an arc inside your body from your pubic bone to your chest.
However, if you feel any sharp pains, stop the move.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Visualize an arc by pushing your hips up.
• Squeeze your glutes hard at the top to get more arc.
• Grab a buddy to help you get that little extra lift.
Your goal is a repetition of 10-15 times in a row for 3 sets. You can do this move every day!