This move is great for golfers.
More Pars Fitness Coaches Danny V and Christina Ricci show you a power move that strengthens the lateral muscles that are so critical for stability in our golf swing.
Key benefits of this move:Strengthens your core and torso
Improves your hip mobility and lateral strength
Strengthens your glutes, quads and hamstrings
The Set Up & Execution
• Extend one leg out to the side as you lower down into a skater’s style side lunge.
• Step deliberately into your heel and drive up through this same heel.
• The other foot will slide over as you come up.
• Stay in your heel as you lunge.
• Opposite leg stays straight as you lunge with heel down.
• Keeping a tight core and upright torso on the way up.
Drive aggressively up through the heel, keeping your torso quiet and engaged.
Go as low as you can in the lunge squat. This is a burner and will test your hip mobility. Listen to your body and don’t push it.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Drive up through the leg that is engaged, not away from it.
• Get as low as you can in to the squat lunge.
• Keep your hands at chest level and clenched.
• Focus your eyes on a fixed spot to help maintain stability through the move.
Your goal is 10 per leg with a good, clean leg drive.