This move is great for golfers.
More Pars Fitness Coaches Danny V and Christina Ricci show you a power move that works our backswing and leg drive.
Key benefits of this move:Strengthens your core and torso
Improves your lower back mobility
Strengthens your glutes, quads and hamstrings
The Set Up & Execution
• Hold a medicine ball against your chest.
• Engage your core as you step forward into a lunge.
• As you lunge, rotate over your bent leg.
• Stay in your heel as you lunge.
• Front knee stays back behind the laces over the ankle that we are driving through.
• Drive through the heel to come up, keeping a tight core and upright torso on the way up.
Drive aggressively up through the heel, keeping your torso quiet and engaged.
Do not over-rotate. This movement is a controlled movement but with an explosive drive up.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Drop the back knee down to initiate the lunge.
• Drive up through the heel.
• Rotate as you lunge.
• Focus on rotating the wide area of your back, not your shoulders.
Your goal is 10 per leg with a weighted medball.