This is a mobility drill that works great as a pre-round or workout warm up!
More Pars Fitness Coaches Danny V and Christina Ricci show you a simple move that awakens the subtle and not-so-subtle muscles of the shoulder region.
This is a weak area among women. Weakness in this area makes it a challenge to stay in your posture, back and through. In this lesson, you’ll learn the essential principles of set up and execution with this Staple Fitness move.
Key benefits of this move:Strengthens your scapula, lats, and rhomboids
Improves postural integrity
Builds shoulder strength and stability
The Set Up & Execution
• Stance is about hip-width.
• Engage the core as you send the hips back.
• Drop down into a table top position.
• Bend in knees with butt back, core engaged.
• Range of motion is thumbs up beginning under shoulders.
• Extend arms out in a Y position with thumbs up.
• Perform with a strong focus of squeezing between the shoulder blades at the top of the move.
Our head is heavy and pulls our shoulders down. The Y Move will strengthen the upper body to keep you in your golf posture.
Do not allow your core to relax or back to lose its lumbar curve. Do not allow the top of the shoulders to rise, keep them down through the entire move.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Core engaged the entire time to protect the back.
• From table top position, arms extend out to create a Y.
• Slow and methodically with a focus on squeezing the shoulder blades.
• As you get stronger, add 1-3 lb weights!
Perform 1-15 raises for 3-5 sets! BONUS: This move tones your arms!