Back Power equals Longer Drives.
More Pars Fitness Coaches Danny V and Christina Ricci show you the Bent Over Dumbell Row that will strengthen the key golf muscles of the back.
Key benefits of this move:Strengthens your mid to upper back
Improves mid-upper back awareness
Strengthens your core
Grab a pair of dumbells that you feel you can execute 8-12 reps, but will fatigue during the last 2-3 reps.
The Set Up & Execution
• Begin with feet hip-width apart.
• Engage your core as you send your hips back.
• Bend until you are parallel to the ground – table top position.
• Arms hang down directly under your shoulders.
• Engage the upper mid-back to drive your elbows to the sky.
• When the dumbells hit your chest, that is far enough.
• Elbows stay tight to the body, do not allow them to flair out.
• Pause for a beat and release down.
In your mind’s eye, visualize your upper mid-back doing all the work. Your arms are going along for the ride.
Do not pull up using your biceps. Do not go soft in the mid-section. Maintain and engaged core!
So let’s make sure you get green checks with these key points:
• Bend over into table top position with super engaged core.
• Pinch or squeeze between the shoulder blades to bring awareness – these muscles drive the move.
• Elbows stay in close to the body.
Your goal is a repetition of 8-12 times with a smooth steady pace.