In this segment, let’s strengthen your upper back and shoulder region for better posture!
More Pars Fitness Coach Karen Palacios-Jansen shows you an effective strengthener for your shoulders and upper back region.
Key benefits of this move:Strengthens postural muscles in your back
Improves your posture at set up
Helps you maintain good posture through the swing
Your goal is a repetition of 8-10 times. You can do this move every day!
The Set Up & Execution
• Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, bending slightly from the waist.
• Bend your arms at the elbows so that they look like the letter “W”.
• Slowly extend your arms out at an angle so that they form the letter “Y”.
• Squeeze your shoulder blades at the bottom of the move.
• As you get stronger, add 1-2 lb weights to the mix.
Engage your core, and keep it engaged through the move.
If you feel any pressure in your lower back as you perform this exercise, ensure that you are engaging your core. An engaged core allows the right muscles to recruit and protect your spine.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Set up with a shoulder-width stance.
• Make a capital Y at the top and full extension.
• Make a capital W at the bottom of the move and squeeze blades together.
• Perform in front of a mirror to ensure spot-on form.