In this segment, let’s strengthen your upper back and shoulder region for better posture!
More Pars Fitness Coach Karen Palacios-Jansen shows you an effective strengthener for your shoulders and upper back region.
Key benefits of this move:Strengthens postural muscles in your back
Improves your posture at set up
Helps you maintain that good posture through the swing
Your goal is a repetition of 8-10 times. You can do this move every day!
The Set Up & Execution
• Stand in your golf posture, arms extended out in front of you.
• Slowly squeeze your shoulder blades together, bringing your elbows up to your back.
• Drop arms down to the start position.
• As you get stronger, add heavier weights to the mix.
Engage your core, and keep it engaged through the move.
If you feel any pressure in your lower back as you perform this exercise, ensure that you are engaging your core. An engaged core allows the right muscles to recruit and protect your spine.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Set up with a shoulder-width stance.
• Send your elbows back while keeping shoulders low.
• Keep your elbows close to your sides and send them back.
• Perform in front of a mirror to ensure a spot-on form.