Let’s improve your balance—back and through—for more speed in your golf swing!
More Pars Fitness Coach Karen Palacios-Jansen shows you a fun move with a ball to develop better balance.
Key benefits of this move:Strengthens your core and gluteus
Improves your balance and coordination
Improves stability through motion
Your goal is to hold each position for 8-10 counts.
The Set Up & Execution
• Using an exercise ball, bend over and balance your upper body over the ball.
• Slowly lift your leg up and back so that it is parallel to the ground, while straightening the standing leg.
• Hold for 8-10 counts.
• Then return your leg to the start position.
• Repeat balancing on each leg for 8 to 10 repetitions.
• To make it more challenging, hop with both feet together.
Focus on keeping your head and eyes quiet, looking at the ball through the entire move.
Watch out for over-rotation of the hip. Do not allow it to open up and away. If you cannot extend your leg to be parallel while maintaining balance, begin with a chair or other stable surface.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Put your hands at shoulder-width on the ball.
• Scissor legs at set up, as you lift one leg up and back to being parallel.
• Focus on extending your leg as far back as possible, while maintaining perfect balance.
• Keep your hips facing the floor as you perform the move.