Let’s improve your weight shift—back and through.
More Pars Fitness Coach Karen Palacios-Jansen shows you a fun exercise that will teach you the dynamic move of a good weight shift—a must-have for good golf swings!
Key benefits of this move:Strengthens core and lateral part of glutes
Improves balance and coordination
Perform 20-30 shuffles.
The Set Up & Execution
• Hold a golf club horizontally between your hands; start with your feet together.
• Shuffle two steps left, then rotate.
• Shuffle two steps right, then rotate.
• Increase speed as you move through.
• Perform 20-30 shuffles.
• To make it more challenging, use a weighted club.
Maintain a level and quiet head by keeping your eyes focused on one spot ahead of you.
Do not allow your hips to over rotate. Keep them facing ahead as you rotate over with your upper body.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Hold a club between your hands parallel to the ground.
• Shuffle a few steps to one side, then rotate over stable base.
• Repeat on the other side.
• Add more speed only after form is perfect.