In this segment, let’s stretch your shoulder region for better backswings!
More Pars Fitness Coach Karen Palacios-Jansen shows you a great stretch for your shoulders and upper back.
Key benefits of this move:Stretches your upper shoulder region
Improves your backswing
Improves range of motion in your shoulder area
Your goal is a repetition of 8-10 times. You can do this move every day!
The Set Up & Execution
• Use a golf club, hold it across your thighs with arms extended.
• Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
• Raise the club above your head, extending your arms straight.
• Slowly bend your arms at the elbows, and drop the club behind your head so that it rests on your shoulders.
• Raise your arms up over your head again.
• Slowly raise the club up and down, taking your shoulders through their full range of motion.
Tight shoulders restrict your backswing, often resulting in the Left-Arm Breakdown and shortening the golf arc. We need a wide arc for distance.
Perform slowly and methodically for safe results.