In this segment, let’s create more explosiveness in your golf swing!
More Pars Fitness Coach Karen Palacios-Jansen shows you an effective exercise to develop more endurance and explosive power. If your tendency is to tire on the back nine, then you need to build cardiovascular and muscular endurance. Doing exercises that involve getting air under your feet, help get your heart rate elevated to build endurance.
Key benefits of this move:Improves cardio endurance
Improves leg strength: builds muscles in your glutes, quadriceps, and hips
Builds explosive power
Your goal is performing rotational spring motion on both sides of the body for 8 to 10 repetitions.
The Set Up & Execution
• Stand in a shoulder-width stance.
• Squat down as you rotate your shoulders toward one foot, and touch the ground on the outside of that foot.
• Quickly spring up and rotate your body and touch the outside of the opposite foot.
• Alternate rotating and squatting from side to side as you get air under your feet in between squats.
Aim for the sky with each jump!
As you squat, be mindful that your knees do not extend beyond your toe line at the bottom of the squat. To groove proper squat form, be sure to watch Gregg and Christina’s Staple Move: Squat »
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Set up with shoulder-width stance.
• Rotate your upper body as you squat down to touch the outside of your feet.
• Spring up getting air time and repeat on the other side.
• Perform in front of a mirror to ensure spot-on squat form.