This is a simple, but highly effective move that will bring more awareness to your core.
More Pars Fitness Coach Christina Ricci shares a simple move that brings awareness to your core and ability to stabilize.
Key benefits of these moves:Develops body awareness
Strengthens deep core muscles
Improves posture integrity
So here’s how to do it. Get on your mat with bent knees. Core engaged and pressing into the mat the entire time. In fact, this is the point of this exercise to bring awareness to any rise or move off the mat with your core area.
• Send your legs go up to 90 degrees.
• With core engaged begin to lower your right leg to the right. Slowly.
• All your awareness is on your core keeping it 100 percent connected to the mat.
If you feel it come off and you cannot hold it, that’s it, bring the leg back up. You should not have any excessive movement. You can see here I am losing the connection to the mat. Your range of motion is dictated by the core connection. When it disconnects, leg comes back to start position and switch to the other.
Simple and effective.
So let’s make sure you get green checks with these key points:
• Maintain your connection tot he mat during the move.
• Perform slowly and focus on awareness.
• It is a subtle move with big results.
• Hands by your side through the move.
Start with 10 each side for 3 rounds.