No red Superman cape required for this flight!
More Pars Fitness Coaches Danny V and Christina Ricci show you a simple move that focuses on your lower back, but gets your entire body.
Improves your mobility
Improves mid-line and shoulder mobility
The superman hold can be performed several times a week and will tighten the midsection, reinforce the back and glutes, and tone the arms and legs.
The Set Up & Execution
• Lie on your stomach with your legs extended and close together.
• Extend your arms overhead and stretched out…just like Superman flying through the air!
• From here, engage your entire body, especially your buttocks. Bring your legs and arms off the ground at the same time.
• Hold for 2-5 seconds at the top, then back down.
Your entire body should have a slight bow to it.The more flexible you are, the bigger the bow. You should be tight in the lower, mid back and shoulder regions. Listen to your body and only go as high as you can…don’t push it!
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Re-engage core before each lift and squeeze your glutes.
• Keep a level head at the top.
• Extend out as far as possible through your hands and toes.
• Roll down and up sequentially through your spine.
Execute the superman 5-10 times, resting between sets.