A simple move that engages your entire body…head to toe!
You should be tight in the lower, mid back and shoulder regions. Listen to your body and only go as high as you can…don’t push it! The superman hold can be performed several times a week and will tighten the midsection, reinforce the back and glutes, and tone the arms and legs.
The Set Up & Execution
• Lie on your stomach with your legs extended and close together.
• Extend your arms overhead and stretched out…just like Superman flying through the air!
• From here, engage your entire body, especially your buttocks. Bring your legs and arms off the ground.
• Hold for 10-30 seconds…then rest.
Your entire body should have a slight bow to it.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Re-engage core before each lift and squeeze your glutes.
• Keep a level head at the top.
• Extend out as far as possible through your hands and toes.
• Roll down and up sequentially through your spine.
• At your feet position, ensure a straight back.
Your goal is a 30-second hold. If this is new to you, begin by holding for 10 seconds and work your way up. Execute the superman 3 times, resting between sets.