Let’s get you lovin’ your squats for toned legs that deliver. Strong legs will send balls flying and keep you light on your toes from hole 1 to 18!
More Pars Fitness Coaches Gregg D’Andrea and Christina Ricci show you the essential principles of set up and execution with this Staple Fitness move. The squat gets the heart going and the legs firing. This is critical for us golfers who need that explosive power for long shots off the tee and fairway.
The Set Up & Execution
• Feet are shoulder-width and slightly flared with the weight on the heels.
• Genie Arms: Up and crossed like a genie.
• Engage your core as you take a breath.
• Butt back and down like you are sitting on toilet.
• Straight supine spine with core engaged as you move down.
• Weight in the heels. legs at parallel or just below.
• Chest up and head neutral.
• Drive up through your heels, squeezing your butt hard on the way up to a full and upright position.
At the bottom of the squat, your lumbar spine has maintained its curve. This is critical. Do not round the back at any point.
Never, ever curve your spine or tuck your butt.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Athletic ready stance, weight in heels.
• Genie arms to fire your core.
• Drop your butt back and down like you’re sitting on toilet.
• At the bottom of the squat, legs are parallel or just below.
• Core is engaged at all times.
• Knees are staying within the toe line and as you drive up through the heels squeezing the glutes.
• Stand tall and proud at the top.
Perform 5 sets of 10. As you get stronger, we’ll add dumbbells or a bar to the mix!