The push up is an all-over body power move that doesn’t require any movement…how cool is that!
More Pars Fitness Coaches Gregg D’Andrea and Christina Ricci show you the essential principles of set up and execution with this Staple Fitness move. The push up is an easy move that can be done every day. Shoot for 5 a day, between emails.
Builds core endurance and stability
Improves postural integrity
The Set Up & Execution
• Get on your mat on your knees.
• Have your arms directly in line under your shoulders.
• Head is in line with your spine.
• Release your arms and lower chest to the mat.
• Keep your elbows tight into your body.
• Lower body down as one unit.
• Your back is in line with your body, flat back.
Feet off the ground with ankles crossed adds more weight bearing to the exercise AND requires more stability and balance work for great results!
Do not allow elbows to flair.
Do not lead with your chin to the mat!
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• On your knees or more advanced, feet off ground, bent and ankles crossed.
• Shoulders and arms are in line, core is engaged.
• Keep body as in line as possible as you lower down to the mat.
• Push back up by straightening your elbows.
• Your whole body goes down and up as one unit.