The plank is an all-over body power move that doesn’t require any movement…how cool is that!
More Pars Fitness Coaches Gregg D’Andrea and Christina Ricci show you the essential principles of set up and execution with this Staple Fitness move. The plank is an easy move that can be done every day for a minute. You can spare a minute…right?
Builds core endurance and stability
Improves posture integrity
The Set Up & Execution
• Get on your mat and on your forearms with your fists’ fisted.
• Have your upper arms directly in line under your shoulders.
• Extend your legs straight out on your toes.
• Engage your core and legs.
• Your back is in line with your body, flat back.
• Head can be relaxed or in line with your spine.
The key to the success of the plank is engagement. Engage every muscle in your body. The more taut you are, the longer you can hold and the more benefits you’ll reap.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Hollow out your core and keep the core engaged at all times.
• It’s all about right angles with arms and shoulders, hands in fists.
• Keep your body as in line as possible, confirm in mirror.
• Focus on keeping your core engaged and legs taut.