A simple move that gets results!
The Set Up & Execution
• Sit on your mat with feet together.
• Set up with a straight torso.
• Engage your entire mid-lower torso into the mat.
• Turn your knees out with your feet together. This takes your hip flexors out of the equation. Instead, your core will do all the work, as it should for this move.
• Execute a full range of motion and confirm this by tapping your hands overhead and at your feet.
• Your shoulder blades should make full contact with the mat as your arms fully extend overhead, tapping to confirm a successful rep.
• At the top of the move, your back is straight, not rounded.
Roll your shoulders back and down at set up, as you would in your golf posture.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Feet together and connected to mat at all times.
• Shoulders connect to mat each time, as your arms extend fully overhead.
• Tapping floor, then feet as confirmation.
• Roll down and up sequentially through your spine.
• At your feet position, ensure a straight back.