The scapula area is a weak link for many women, which is why many struggle with making a good backswing and staying in postures.
The Set Up & Execution
• Get on your mat into a side plank position.
• Place your supporting arm directly under your shoulder.
• Stack or split stack your feet, your choice.
• Send your high end down and through to the other side.
• At the top position, squeeze between your shoulder blades and hold for a beat…then release.
Perform these slowly and methodically, maintaining full awareness of the stretch and squeeze. This move creates a big stretch in your upper back region, if done properly and slowly.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Arm stacked under shoulder.
• Reach deep under opposite arm.
• Get to full extension by reaching for the sky.
• Engage between the shoulder blades like you’re squeezing an orange.