Once you’ve mastered the basic lunge, you can jump up to Level II with a bit of plyometrics!
The Set Up & Execution
• Get into your lunge position.
• Place your hands by your side or on your hips.
• Get airborne by scissor-switching your legs as you jump.
• Keep your head level and torso upright and quiet through the move.
The key is to execute each land perfectly and in balance. However, if you do fall off balance, don’t worry. Just start over and slow the pace until you can perform in perfect balance. With each jump, land purposely and aim to get as high as possible.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Hands on hip or down by side.
• Core engaged and torso upright.
• Knees stay within toe line at all times.
• Explode to the sky with each jump.
• Land in perfect balance.