This is an all-body move that will rock your core to the core!
Master the hollow rock hold before trying this move. They call it a hollow rock because your core is hollowed out by pressing your entire mid-lower torso into the mat and maintaining this connection through the move.
The Set Up & Execution
• Get on your back and bring immediate awareness to your mid section.
• Press your entire mid-lower torso into the mat.
• Extend your legs out, keeping them together and as straight as possible.
• Send your hands over your head at ear level.
• Have your head in line with your spine with eyes up.
• Pressing your core into the mat, rise up from both ends.
Now, let’s add the rock. It is a small movement like you’re a small boat in the water…a big yacht rock is not required, small will do the trick… and more effective to boot!
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Engage your core to the mat.
• Extend arms overhead and at ear level through the move.
• Feet stay together with legs straight.
• As you rock, keep your core engaged and connected to the mat.
• A goal of one minute or more for optimal results.
Your goal is a rock of 30 seconds, working your way up to a minute! Rock and roll with these often for a rock-solid core. You can also count your rocks. Shoot for 30 for 3 sets!