A fantastic move that engages your entire core!
They call it a hollow rock because your core is hollowed out by pressing your entire mid-lower torso into the mat and maintaining this connection through the move. If you feel you cannot hold this connection, then stop the move.
The Set Up & Execution
• Extend your hands over your head with legs straight as possible and feet together.
• Keep your head in line with your spine and eyes up.
• Engage your core into the mat and lift both ends to create a bow with your body.
• Hold as long as possible without losing the ab-to-mat connection.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Keep your core engaged and in contact with the mat.
• In fact, engage your entire body, especially your glutes and legs.
• Feet stay together and legs straight or bent depending on flexibility.
• A goal of one minute or more for optimal results.
Your first goal is a hold of 30 seconds, working your way up to a minute! Perform 3 sets of hollow rock holds.
In Level 2, we’ll add the rock bit, which challenges your body even more.