These puppies are an ab kicker and easy to execute if you follow the proper how-to steps.
The Set Up & Execution
• Lie on the mat and slide your hands under your butt..
• Engage your core and ensure it is pressing down and in toward the mat.
• Extend your legs out. Before you begin to flutter, squeeze your glutes. This is key!
• Scissor your feet while keeping them both off the ground.
• The lower the feet, the more of a challenge.
Do not relax the glutes. Otherwise, you’ll place unnecessary strain on your lower back. It makes it a real challenge to engage the core with unengaged glutes.
You need to maintain the core-to-mat connection through the move. If you lose the ab-to-mat connection, stop the flutter.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Hands positioned under buttocks.
• Core engaged and connected to the mat at all times.
• Glutes engaged prior to the move and keep them squeezed.
• Scissor kick small movements with feet low to the ground or high depending on level.