This is a challenge of a move. It fires the entire body and is essentially a walk in the park.
More Pars Fitness Coaches Danny V and Christina Ricci show you a simple move that gets your entire body and demands stability and balance.
Builds core endurance and stability
Improves posture integrity for shoulders and core
The Set Up & Execution
• Grab a pair of dumbells that are not too light. Pull them up to the shoulders, then press overhead.
• Arms overhead with arms locked out. Ideally, set arms just behind ears.
• Now walk and hold arms up to ceiling as you walk.
• Keeping your torso upright and engaged through the entire move.
• Drop the dumbells carefully back to your shoulders, then to your sides.
Abs are on the entire time. This is a focus on maintaining balance and postural integrity as you walk.
Do not allow the weight to extend beyond the head at the top. Just beyond the ears is enough. If you cannot get there, go lighter on the weight or use no weight at all until you get more mobility in the shoulder region.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Dumbells that present a challenge when overhead with arms extended and beyond ears.
• Walk while maintaining an upright and engaged torso.
• Dumbells are heavy enough to be a challenge, but light enough to keep your torso upright.
• Shoulders are not compromised with arms set too far back beyond head.
Find a long runway and walk back and forth 3 times.