A Push up with a Row.
More Pars Fitness Coaches Danny Vee and Christina Ricci show you a power move that gets your heart pumping and your core firing.
Key benefits of this move:Strengthens your core and torso
Improves your stamina
Improves overall stability
The Set Up & Execution
• Get on your mat with hexagon style dumbells directly under your shoulders.
• Your feet are slightly wider than shoulder-width for more stability.
• Head is in line with your spine.
• Release your arms and lower chest to the floor.
• Keep your elbows tight into your body.
• As you push up to the top, you’ll row to the left, then row on the right.
• Keep your hips facing the floor during the row. If they excessively rise up, lower the weight of the dumbells.
Drive aggressively up from the floor, keeping your torso straight and engaged.
Keep your hips level. Try not to rock and roll with the hips. Do not dip the midline, this places stress on the lower back.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Lower body down as one unit.
• Core is super-engaged the entire move to avoid over-twisting of the hip girdle.
• Keep your head level through the move.
• Perform the row in controlled movement, avoid quick and jerky row movements.
Your goal is 10 per side with a good, clean form.