This move fires up your hamstrings and glutes.
More Pars Fitness Coaches Danny V and Christina Ricci show you a power move that requires strong hamstrings.
Key benefits of this move:Strengthens your lower back
Improves your lower back mobility
Strengthens your glutes and hamstrings
The bridge is a power move that will strengthen your core, glutes, and hamstring.
Between reps, re-engage your core and bring awareness to your feet. I like my pressure points favoring my heels. Grab a pal to help you reach a full range of motion using a towel.
The Set Up & Execution
• Lie on your back and position your feet hip-width apart.
• Shoulders stay connected to a mat at all times.
• Extend your hands out to the side with palms down.
• Drive through your heels as you extend the glutes up as high as possible.
• Hold for 2 seconds and release down.
• Maintain a straight line from your pubic bone to chest.
ADVANCED MOVE: Raise hands above while you extend one leg out at a time, maintaining a straight line from your pubic bone to chest to your extended toe.
With the advanced move, do not allow the hips to rick side to side. Keep them level and elevated.
However, if you feel any sharp pains, stop the move.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Visualize an arc by pushing your hips up.
• Squeeze your glutes hard at the top to get more arc.
• Keep your hips square (level) with the advanced move.
Your goal is a repetition of 10-15 times for 3 sets. You can do this move every day! For the advanced move: your goal is a hold of 5-10 seconds per leg for 6 reps per leg.