Squat + Press = Power!
This is an explosive move, so the stronger you get, the more you can drive up firing those hips, just like we do in our golf swing!
More Pars Fitness Coaches Danny V and Christina Ricci show you an explosive move that gets your entire body.
Builds core endurance and stability
Improves posture integrity
Develops leg strength and explosive power
The Set Up & Execution
• Feet hip-width with toes slightly flared. Dumbells racked on your shoulders.
• Squat down, keeping your torso upright and dumbells racked.
• Drive up through your heels to standing by explosively firing your hips.
• Allow this momentum of the hips to drive your arms up to full extension.
• Dumbells are essentially going along for the ride.
Abs are on the entire time. This is a focus on driving those hips to full extension.
Do not allow the racked dumbells to pull your torso forward. If you cannot maintain an upright torso, grab lighter dumbells.
So let’s make sure you get green checks with these key points:
• Keep your ribcage down and in as you drive up to full extension.
• Squat to parallel, then drive up through your heels, maintaining an upright torso.
• Dumbells are heavy enough to be a challenge, but light enough to keep your torso upright.
Perform 8-10 reps 3 times!