The chest press with a band is so good for your golf game!
The Set Up & Execution
• Grab a thick band and wrap it around a bar, just below chest height.
• Get into an athletic stance, just beyond shoulder-width (a driver stance).
• With toes flared, ground into the floor with your feet.
• Position the band in your hands and create a fist.
• Start position is just under your chest.
• Create tension in the band by moving away until you feel a good stretch in the band. You do not want any slack in the band.
Engage the floor with your feet, shoulders back and down, and core engaged. Push out aggressively to an extended arm position, hold for a beat…then release. The goal is to keep your body facing forward at all times. If you find this a challenge, then scooch in a bit. Maintain a taut band. What you don’t want is upper-body movement or loss of tautness in the band.
With toes flared, ground into the floor with your feet. This is key as this will help keep you stable through the move.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Stance slightly wider than shoulder-width with toes slightly flared.
• Band just below chest height, fisted, and taut.
• Push out to a full extension, maintaining an engaged core and stable legs.
• Hold for a beat, then release.
• Repeat on the other side.