In this segment, let’s create more explosiveness in your golf swing!
More Pars Fitness Coach Karen Palacios-Jansen shows you an effective exercise to strengthen core muscles. We all know core muscles are important in the golf swing to generate speed and power. But we also need core muscles to help us when we encounter those side and downhill lies on the golf course. These lies require a more stable base and more rotation through the ball than flat lies. Let’s strengthen the specific core muscles that will help us pull these shots off with ease.
Key benefits of this move:Improves core strength and stability
Improves balance and coordination
Opens up the shoulder and back region
Two rep variations: Perform this exercise quickly and repeat the motion on both sides for 8 to 10 repetitions or hold the position on each side for 10 to 15 seconds.
The Set Up & Execution
• Get into a side plank position.
• Push your hips up into the air while pulling your abdominal muscles in toward your tailbone.
• As you hinge from your hips, keep your torso and legs straight to form a pike position or look like a dolphin jumping out of the water.
• Take your top arm and rotate it in under your body for further rotation.
• Return to the start position and repeat on the opposite side.
Stack or stagger your feet position to start. Also, checkout Christina’s Scap-Pull Through to groove your plank and shoulder mobility!
Stack your shoulder directly under your arm. As you come back to center, do not allow your mid-section to dip down.
So let’s make sure you get green checks on these key points:
• Get into a side plank with your arm stacked under your shoulder.
• Stagger your top foot as you push your hips up and back.
• Keeping your torso and legs straight, take your top arm and rotate it under your body for further rotation.
• Repeat on the opposite side.